It's midnight, Big Ben is ringing and the fireworks are hitting the night sky. Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015. I hope you have a mad, crazy night and drink lots, eat loads and be very merry. Whatever your doing, where ever in the world. 2015 is a new year, a new start, a door opening for new chapters, so make the most of it cause life is short and those things you constantly worry about, the bad times, they happened for a reason, don't live in the past, just let go, live your life and make the most of the good times, they'll always stand out from the bad.
Happy New Year.
With 2015 here, or already hit hours ago for other people in the world, it's a time we look back at the past year and decide to make some changes. You know, the new year resolutions, the one's we make and never, ever, stick to. Like not eating chocolate.. "I'm a woman pass me that bloody chocolate". Yes, probably never going to happen! Well, I have a few of my own.. one's that are achievable if I put my mind to it and a few dreamy ones that will probably happen, just not in 2015.
New Year Resolution
- Exercise - I'm so lazy when it comes to exercise and hardly ever stick to it, but they was a time, in 2014, where I actually went for long walks at 5.30am.. I'm going to get back into that, I am! I will do more exercise, tone up. With exercise, healthy eating is a must, so I will be buying a smoothie maker, sometime.
- Learn to drive - I've wanted to learn to drive for so long, like a very long time and 2015 is definitely the year, I at least, will make a start on some driving lessons. I even have a car, what's a car without no driving licence... my provisional will just not do! I would do one of those week long courses if I could.
- Road Trip - I want to go on some mad road trip, do something different, see more of the UK. Visit London again, see Brighton, drive, just somewhere.
- Lay off the sweets and chocolate - I have a huge sweet tooth, like major sweet tooth right here. I don't eat loads (denial) but I definitely am going to cut back and only have 1 treat a week.
- Book a holiday - I'm going to book an holiday, I am.
'Dreamy' New Year Resolution
- Just randomly book a ticket to New York - Not going to happen in 2015 that's for sure, but what's a dreamy resolution without a dream. I want to go to New York so bad! Imagine getting tickets in the post, like randomly, right the dreaminess is going over and beyond.
- Pack up and leave - Don't get me wrong, there's no place like home, but what happens when home no longer feels like home? I've wanted to move for a while now, not a round the corner sort of move, like a big move. Down the motorway, through the country side, maybe get on a plane, sort of move. Only I can make it happen, you think of family, but sometimes you just have to do these things. A new start in an exciting new place, a new adventure.
- Publish a book - Okay, so this is a big dream. I'd love to write and publish a book, but with my grammar and punctuation I'd need a lot of help. I know that it's never going to happen, but I love writing, I've loved writing stories since a young age. I even started writing a fantasy novel, something I didn't spend loads of time on, but it felt amazing doing it and now the works all lost on my broken laptop, unless it gets repaired.
- Career - I need to get a career. Something I enjoy doing. I don't just want a job to earn money, I want to love what I'm doing.
- Ed Sheeran - I want to see him in concert so bad. Next tour, hopefully.
Have an amazing 2015. I hope you enjoy the future posts here at A British Sparkle.